You and your business are the professionals in the language business, and you know what is best in order to get things done and to meet your clients’ needs. Keep this in mind when doing business with a client who wants to micromanage and take control of every step of the process. Make it clear to your client that you know what you are doing and that he or she must trust you with the work. However, be careful not to leave your client in the dark. It helps to think of yourself as a doctor and your clients as patients. Ask a lot of questions, offer options and recommendations, and ask for their opinions. Once you have sufficient information from a client, take the reins and lead the process. This is your business, so take charge and show your client that you are in command.
- ""Translation is a thankless job although it is one of the very high-stake and risky jobs in the world." - Ahmed Gumaa Siddiek 1 month ago
- The College-Football Championship Game Field Will Have A Different Look— And It's All About Branding. Isn't that what it's all about anyway? 1 month ago
- Holiday Greetings! - eepurl.com/_846b 2 months ago
- Happy Holidays and warm wishes for 2015! - eepurl.com/_H8nT 2 months ago
- @daphnemcb @fabcid My pleasure. It was a lot of fun to share my expertise with the passionate #translators in #Peru! 4 months ago
Newsletter Signup Form
Sign up for our newsletter and get the latest in tips, events, updates and training sessions directly to your email!