Nobody likes talking to a person who is wrapped up in talking about themselves and their services. While you are not usually this type of person in social settings, you can easily fall into this pattern at networking functions.” Instead, try attending one of these events with a friend or colleague who is also from the language sector. Ask the friend to mention you in conversation and introduce you to potential clients who you may be able to help. Then you do the same for him or her. That way, each of you are being advertised and spoken about without having to “spread the word” yourselves. Further, you and your friend are doubling your exposure at this networking event, getting far more “press” than if each of you had been working solo!
- Join us in 45 min (1pm EDT) for a live tour of theTranslators Marketing Club website. ow.ly/vReBL #TransMktg 11 hours ago
- RT @williamarruda: RT @reachbranding: Learn nine ways leaders can connect their team to the corporate brand on @Forbes: http://t.co/Ak6GGXf… 12 hours ago
- Join our live webinar today at 1pm EST to learn more about Translators Marketing Club as your go-to branding resource ow.ly/vQOJ0 14 hours ago
- Show your clients what they're getting and give them a reason to choose you. #TransMktg ow.ly/vOm1u 1 day ago
- Learn to fulfill the needs of your business and your clients at my May 2014 presentation @ALC_US ow.ly/vOjrS #TransMktg 1 day ago
Newsletter Signup Form
Sign up for our newsletter and get the latest in tips, events, updates and training sessions directly to your email!