Nobody likes talking to a person who is wrapped up in talking about themselves and their services. While you are not usually this type of person in social settings, you can easily fall into this pattern at networking functions.” Instead, try attending one of these events with a friend or colleague who is also from the language sector. Ask the friend to mention you in conversation and introduce you to potential clients who you may be able to help. Then you do the same for him or her. That way, each of you are being advertised and spoken about without having to “spread the word” yourselves. Further, you and your friend are doubling your exposure at this networking event, getting far more “press” than if each of you had been working solo!
- @MALaviolette :-) I've been in Paris but never in Montreal. It's in my list! 5 hours ago
- French is the sexiest language: poll fw.to/m9Hkoca 7 hours ago
- Daily tip to help you grow your language business! - eepurl.com/KffFD 10 hours ago
- Add value with information sharing wp.me/pGSaX-uN 11 hours ago
- Daily tip to help you grow your language business! - eepurl.com/Kala1 1 day ago
Newsletter Signup Form
Sign up for our newsletter and get the latest in tips, events, updates and training sessions directly to your email!