When we are awake and alert, we have the mental energy to weigh the costs and effort required of a job or a favor. However, when we are physically tired, we are also mentally drained. Our fatigued minds typically don’t want to think about or deal with anything. So what happens when someone asks for something when we are tired? We tend to accept requests without weighing the costs, and then shelving the request for later when our minds are back to their normal energy levels. This can be dangerous when we make promises that turn out to be time and labor intensive. So recognize when your brain isn’t working at full speed, so that you don’t make any promises you normally would not make.
- Looking forward to my presentation at #galaconf in #Istanbul. Hope to see you there! ht.ly/rrHBG 12 hours ago
- Daily tip to help you grow your language business! - eepurl.com/J64nj 12 hours ago
- Don’t give up on your professional contacts wp.me/pGSaX-uy 14 hours ago
- Payment Practices Lists for Translators sco.lt/8izwWX 15 hours ago
- Don't try to great in all things. Pick a few things to be good at and be the best you can. - Liz Ashe 16 hours ago
Newsletter Signup Form
Sign up for our newsletter and get the latest in tips, events, updates and training sessions directly to your email!